Saturday, October 2, 2010

Malayadwaja suthani

Malayadwaja suthani

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

(These are called Pathiyams and are again sung during Nalungu which is a play between the groom and bride meant to break the ice. Some of the them would try to tease or make fun of the groom/bride or their parents.,)


Ragam Mohanam
Thalam Aadhi

Pathiyam

1.Malaya dwaja suthani mangala mrudu vachani,
Senkamala nayaniye , chelvi kelay

2.Yenneramum yen varthai thavaramale ,
Chonna padi nee nadanthayaanaal

3.Chandiranai kanda sagaram pol pongi naan,
Mathu, vegu sathu vendru manayil vazhven

4.Deva Rambhayanalum , thedi yinge vandalum,
Devi yenakku aavi yendru thirumbi paaren

5. Chandra kantha mandapa manjathil naadi,
Santhoshamay sarasam cheythu koodi,
Panchavarna kiliye , unnai konji vachanippen.

English translation

1,Daughter of Malaya Dwaja pandya, who talks good things softly,
Oh Girl with red lotus like eyes, Please hear what I say.

2.If at all times you obey my words,
And act according to them

3.Like a sea rising at the sight of moon,
I will always be in the house thinking you are a nice , nice girl

4.Even if the Rambhai of heaven comes in search of me,
Thinking that you are my soul, I will not look at her

5, I will come to the cot which attracts the moon,
Would merge with you in a sweet fashion,
Oh bird of five colours, I will talk sweet nothings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment