Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sandegam Kolladhe

Sandegam Kolladhe

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

(These are called Pathiyams and are again sung during Nalungu which is a play between the groom and bride meant to break the ice. Some of the them would try to tease or make fun of the groom/bride or their parents.,)

Sandegam, kollade, endan mel-
Sathiyamai Cholgiren , idai kelai.
Chandira Bimba Mandahasi undan-
Chengaram chindai magizhndu piditha nalai-
Soppanathil Analum e prapancha madargalai-
Sugithu Nan Anaithahthillai, en tholal
Surasenan sudani Petta en sugumariye,
Suthu endru Ariyadennai Sugithu Alai
Para Paksha Kashtangalai Chumanthu Nane-
Bana Bhadran Sathruvai Jeyikka ponen-
Komalakara Kuyile, endan kudumba mane,
Kopam Kollamal ennai Koodadi En thene.

English translation

My heart of hearts,
Don’t doubt me for a minute please,
I will tell you, all the truth,
Please hear this, oh darling mine.
My heart of hearts,
From the day , I held your hands,
Oh darling with a moon faced smile,
Even in dream , oh darling mine,
I have never held in my pleasing hands,
No lady of earth except thee. Oh darling mine
The daughter of son of Surasena,
I am innocent and plain, darling mine,
Hold me with you darling mine.
Carrying all thine doubts, darling mine,
I went to fight enemies of Bana Bhadra,
Hey, beautiful nightingale mine,
Hey, gazelle of family mine,
Leave this anger and become one with me, darling mine

No comments:

Post a Comment