Monday, March 24, 2014

Ilalo

Ilalo

By
Saint Thyagaraja

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Ragam Atana
Thalam Aadhi

Pallavi
ILalo Pranatharthi   harudanusu-,Pee-
Revadire? SAnkarrudani   nee

Pallavi
Who named you after knowing that   you are the   one  in this world  who removes the sorrows
Of those  who pray to him and that you are  one  who grants  happy life

Anupallavi
THalasi karagi  chira kalamu  padamula,
DAndamidina  nayeda  Dhaya ledhaye.

Anupallavi
Don’t you have mercy on me   who thought  about you and melted ,
And for a long time am saluting your feet , Why has it been cut off?

Charanam
Kara charana   yugamu  nosalu bujamulu,
Darani sokamrukkaga  ledhaa?
Charananusunu  moralida letha?
Pancha Nadhi   Thyagaraja  nuthani

Charanam
Did I not salute you with my two hands and legs,
Forehead and  shoulders touching the ground?
Did I not beseech you  that you are my only protection?

Oh God of  five rivers praised     by Thyagaraja.

No comments:

Post a Comment