Friday, March 21, 2014

Varija Nayana

Varija  Nayana

By
Saint Thyagaraja

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Ragam Kedara Gowla,
Thalam  AAdhi

Pallavi
Varija nayana neevaadanu nenu,
Varamu nanu  Brovu

Pallavi
Oh lotus eyed one, considering me as your person,
Please   always   protect me.

Anupallavi
SAreku mayaa Sagara mandhu,
Noka munigesdu nemamu lethu.

Anupallavi
I do not have the habit of drowning ,
In the ocean due to my ignorance.

Charanam
1.Dhana khanakmulanu   dhara  puthralukai,
Koni maruvanu  ravi thanbayudakanu.

Charanam
1.After getting  riches, gold , wife  and children,
To forget you  , I am not Sugreeva, the sin of Sun God.

2.Vaji radhamulanu varamu kai koni,
Rajuladasu, Partha Raju ne khanu.

2.After  making hs own chariots , horses  and boons,
And winning over kings, to forget you, I am not king Arjuna.

3.Nee japamulu nava nidhulou, THyaga-,
Raja vinuthaa dur aasala dhagalanu.

3.Chanting your name is  nine types of wealth to me,
And so this Thyagaraja   who  makes prayers  to you,

Would not fall   in to these   evil desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment