Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Aadhaya Sri Raghu

Aadhaya Sri Raghu
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Ragam aahiri
Thalam aadhi
Pallavi
AAdhaya  sri Raghu  vara nedela ,
Radhaya  Oh Dhayambudhi   nee
Pallavi
Oh Great among Raghu clan , Oh ocean of mercy ,
Why did you not have compassion on me today  ?
Anupallavi
Modamutho  Sadbhakthi marmamunu,
Bodhana  jesi  sadaa  barachina  nee
Anupallavi
You taught me with joy  the secret of  great devotion,
And protected me  always.
Charanam
Ninnu  thitti  kotti   himsa pettina thanniyu nannana letha,
Yen narani  nindala  thalamani  manninchaka letha ,
Annamu  Thamboola mosagi dehamu  minna   seyaletha,
Kanna thalli thandri may  manasu   THyagarajuniki Baravasa meelethaa.
Charanam
Did you not say   that the one who abused you and beat   as one of yours,
Did you not pardon those men   who went on telling numerous  abuses to me,
Did you not give me   food as well as Thamboola   and looked after  my body,
And did you not tell Thyagaraja that , “I am your father  as well as mother.”


No comments:

Post a Comment