Sunday, February 1, 2015

Edula brothuvo

Edula  brothuvo
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
Ragam  Chakravakam
Thalam triputa
Pallavi
Edula brothuvo  theliya nekantha Ramayya
Pallavi
I do not know  how you are  going to protect me,
Rama   who  is visible  only to those who have   one to one devotion to you
Anupallavi
Kata kata naa charithamu , Karna  kadoramayya
Anupallavi
My story  which sounds  harsh  hurts the ears , oh god.
Charanam
Patti gottu  reethi  bakshinchi  thrigithi,
Puttu lobhulanu  pottakai  pogadithi,
Dushtulatho  goodi dush kruthyamulu   salapi,
Rattu jesina  Thyagarajuni   dhaya tho.
Charanam
Just like  the working bullock  I ate and wandered,
For the   sake of the stomach I praised great misers,
Joining with evil people   doing evil deeds  I earned a bad name,

I do not know how you are  going to protect this Thyagaraja

No comments:

Post a Comment