Saturday, February 14, 2015

Thappagane vachunaa

Thappagane vachunaa
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander
Ragam  Suddha bangala
Thalam roopakam
Pallavi
Thappagane vachunaa,
Thanuvuku lampata  nee krupa
Pallavi
Would your grace  come to me surely,
Unless I leave  the  attachment to this body.
Anupallavi
Meppulakai  koppulu  gala,,
Meti  janula  joochi bhajana
Anupallavi
If I look up for   those  with rich mansions ,
To appreciate me and forget   singing about you
Charanam
Rookalakai   paiki  manchi,
Kokalakai  yaharamunakku  ,
Nookulakai  dhyaninchithi ,
Thyagaraja  nuthuni Bhajana
Charanam
If I meditate on  you for   money  ,  for great cloths,
For sake of luxurious look and  for  food  as well as ghee,
And not sing about one whom Thyagaraja   worships,



No comments:

Post a Comment