Sunday, November 22, 2015

Raghuvar Thumko meri Laaj-HIndi bhajan

Raghuvar  Thumko  meri Laaj

By
Saint  Thulasidas

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander

Rag   PiIlu/Aahir Bhairav
Tal –Trithal

(Hear this devotion drenched  song  in the voice  of   great Maestro of  Hindusthani music-BHimsen Joshi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8hx9Nx6q8 and in Carnatic style  in the  voice  of Aarthi Lakshmanan)





1.Raghuvar thumko  Meri laaj,

1.Oh  greatest of Raghu clan, this is my modest request

2.Sadaa sadaa main  sararan thihari,
Thum ho Garib nivas  ,
Raghuvar thum ho Garib Nivas ,
Raghu var thumko meri laaj.

2. For always and always  I seek your  refuge  ,
AS you are the  refuge  of the poor,
Oh great one of Raghu clan  , You are  the refuge  of  the poor,
Oh great one ogf Raghu clan   this is my  modest request.

3.Pathith  uddharan   virath   thiharo ,
Sravanan suni   aavaaj,
Hum tho pathith   purathan kahiye,
Paar utharo  Jahaj.
Raghu var paar utharo Jajaj  ,
Raghuvar thumko meri laaj

3.It is  your penance to uplift   the  fallen ones,
I have   heard this  ,
I am a fallen one since a long time  ,
Please take me, this boat  to other shore  ,
Oh great one of Raghu clan  , please take this boat to the other shore,
Oh great one of Raghu clan, this is my modest request.

4.Agh khandan  , dukh banjan   janke  ,
Yahi thihari kaaj  ,
Thulasidas par  kirape keeje  ,
Bhakthi dhaan dehum   aaj ,
Raghu var  thimko meri laj .

4.Breaking of sins and destroying of sorrow  ,
This   is your job,
Please  take mercy on Thulasidas  ,
And give me   charity of devotion today  ,
Oh great one of Raghu clan , this is my modest request.



No comments:

Post a Comment